Silly of Me

It's funny b/c I never planned on writing a blog. I just posted a status on FB & a friend asked me who it was about... No one in particular, just felt like dropping what was on my mind. Also, as a twitterhead, I was on there last night [& right now] & a trending topic is #whatislove. What an interesting topic for twitter, seeing as a lot of the tweets I see are rude, or abusive in language towards the opposite sex.

Honesty, I don't know what love is. Love isn't a tangible thing that can be defined. Love has a different meaning every time it's used, depending on the pitch, subtext, setting, and attitude. The word 'love' is often misused, or used as a weapon, & therefore has lost much of the emphasis that poets like Shakespeare put into it. Love is also misunderstood, or mistaken for another feeling. "Bubbly" is often one of the misinterpreted symptoms that gets stamped with love. However, this is only in my experience. I cannot judge what someone else professes as love. To each his own.

As I was saying previously about my status... How many times have you been asked "What do you look for in a guy/girl?" I know I usually roll off the prepared list "ohh, he has to be smart, funny, tall, verbal, doing something in life, blahh, yadda yadda." The list that automatically rolls off your tongue is like a 'guideline' you have to the perfect mate for yourself. What if you met someone with most of the criteria, but maybe missing one or two? Do you turn up your face & oppose to even speak to them? Do you talk so badly about him that even his Mother won't see him fit for affection? Or are you only talking out of your neck b/c the people around you don't find that person attractive, so to be 'funny' you dissect everything WRONG with the person? I'm sure all of us are guilty, & so am I. Don't get me wrong,I'm no saint, & I don't exempt myself from what I'm saying. I still want to be verbal about the flaws in these 'guidelines.'

When it comes down to it, attraction is a 2-way street. Though you may find a person attractive, they may not see you the same way, & vice versa. However, just b/c you're not attracted to someone, does not make it right for you to belittle their very EXISTENCE. I've witnessed guys & girls just rip into a person, like "the AUDACITY of this person be attracted to me!" & then get mad when we get dissed or ignored by the one we long for. Again, I'm sooo guilty. My girlfriends have heard me trash a dude, then speak fondly of someone who probably has no interest in me. However, i am trying to mend my mean girl ways. & I'm writing this [long] blog b/c, why are we so mean? Yes, it's well & good to have standards... but why must we be ruthless to the ones who don't meet them? Looking for Mr/Mrs Right will only lead you down a long road of disappointments, wasted time, & a hard heart. Being human comes with having flaws, & missing a couple screws to complete the perfect machine. But, then again... We aren't machines. We're human.

Off my soapbox.

w/ much <3 ,
Lexxaye.

Comments

Popular Posts