As Told By Me...

When I started this blog ten years ago, it served as a place for me to get my thoughts out of my head where maybe someone else could relate. Since then, my overall social media presence has served in the same way. I speak candidly about my experiences as a 20-something-year-old, my wins, my losses and everything in between. I'm an over-sharer online in a way that I would never be in person. As backward as that may seem, I believe it allows others to feel seen in their own corner of the world. As accessible as everything is in this day and age, it is still possible to feel isolated. I know that feeling first-hand. So, to those who feel that way and need to be reminded that you are seen, this post is dedicated to you.

I've re-introduced myself a million times on this blog because I tend to go five (ten??) years between posts. Hey, life happens. Each time I introduce myself, I am in an entirely new phase and feel the need to make that plain. With that said, why deviate from tradition now?

Many of you know me as Alex, some of you know me as Lexx. I'm your regular around-the-way girl who likes beauty but isn't an MUA; I like clothes but I'm not a fashionista; I like to eat but I'm not a foodie; I like to socialize but I'm not a socialite. I don't have a defined brand or purpose - I'm just here, enjoying life as it comes. My hope is to continue to provide a space for others to feel seen by my thoughts/experiences, be seen through my regular shout-outs, and connect with others.

Since this blog serves as my way to shout into the void, I can't promise that the topics will always fall within a certain lane. My interests and personality vary, and this blog serves as a reflection of that. Sometimes beauty, sometimes travel, sometimes venting. I hope that you stick around to listen. If not, I hope you come back around to find something that resonates and sticks.

Anyway, I'd love to get to know who's listening. Drop a comment, say hello, share what's on your mind... because I'll sure be sharing what's on mine. I hope you're ready for me.

-A.

Comments

Popular Posts